We started Rip Van out of a college dorm room at Brown University. Our first product, Rip Van Wafels is available in 12,000 Starbucks locations nationwide and has become Silicon Valley's #1 snack. The company has grown by +500% in the last three years, has made both the Inc & Forbes 30 under 30 lists, won numerous business awards and has been featured in publications such as, Tech Crunch, Entrepreneur and Bon a Petit.
Rip Van is a food innovation company. We exist to improve your busy lives with better convenient products that are uniquely delicious, healthier and beautifully designed. We are committed to improving the nutrition, taste and design of our products by launching product improvements in two year cycles.
The inspiration behind our first product, Rip Van Wafels, was to bring Americans a better indulgent snack, considering the unoriginal and unhealthy options out there. The idea was to create a different snack that has the indulgent taste of a candy bar with the sugar levels of a health bar.
We saw the Dutch "stroopwafel" as the perfect snack to re-invent. It is arguably one of the best tasting treats in the world but like most treats is loaded with sugar, made with poor ingredients and hasn't changed in the last 200 years.
So far we've launched 3 Rip Van Wafel iterations, reducing sugar levels from 14 to <9 grams while improving our ingredient quality and perfecting our signature crispy and chewy texture with a preservative free 12 month shelf life:
You are looking for the unique opportunity to be part of an impact driven company, to play a key role in a high growth organization and to fast track your professional growth. You have a type A personality, are a quick learner, extremely meticulous, thorough and organized. You are incredibly hungry, meaning that you're eager to put in 60-80+ hr work weeks to do what is needed for the business while rapidly developing your professional skill set in parallel, which will enable you to rise within our company.
At Rip Van we're deeply passionate improving people's lives through the products we make. Since this requires us to work incredibly hard and challenge the status quo we've created a culture based on a set of values that embraces and encourages change and constant evolution. Our culture is unconventional and attracts a particular type of individual. One that has a beginner's mindset, takes ownership, embodies an egoless and meritocratic approach and strives for excellence. We know our culture isn't for everyone and considering company culture is the life force of an organization, if what you're reading doesn't resonate with you we'd appreciate it if you don't apply for this position.
• People Not Robots - We have self-respect and respect others so that we can live and work in harmony.
• Is it True - We deeply understand accept and work with reality to achieve our goals
• Default to Jordan - We commit ourselves to the highest bar of excellence, don't tolerate mediocrity
• Leverage the Melon- We focus on the key drivers (the 20%) that are responsible for 80% of the output. We build systems to create leverage so that we increase the ROI on our time spent.
• Day 1- We make decisions quickly - when you have 70% of the info. If there is a bottleneck we work urgently to address it so we can expedite the decision.
• Nigiri - We organize what we say in a clear, concise and logical manner and involve the appropriate people.
• Support and create leverage for the CEO in day-to-day sales activities to increase their value add.
• Ensure the CEO is working on the most important items for the company
• Keep CEO accountable for commitments while help keeping reports accountable for the results
• Help complete priority items for the CEO to an appropriate quality
• Facilitate and attend all internal meetings such as weekly & monthly sales and all hands.
• Create presentations & agendas for key sales, monthly team, executive team, advisor, board member and investor meetings
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelors Degree from a top university
• 4+ years of work experience (2y+ at a top consulting/banking firm with some startup experience)
• Track record of perseverance & achievement - having overcome major obstacles through strong work ethic that has lead to stellar achievement in professional, academic and extra curricular activities
• Ability to manage highly sensitive issues under tight deadlines
• Strong desire to work extremely hard in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with high-energy and mission-driven colleagues
• Advanced knowledge and ability to leverage google apps, as well as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Flexible, adaptable and resourceful
• Critical and strategic thinker with the ability to solve complex problems
• Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills, as well as the ability to build relationships and negotiate
• Excellent data analysis, reporting and project management skills
• Ability to read between the lines and intuitively anticipate the needs and priorities of the business, and work independently and effectively with little oversight or management
• Competitive pay structure including base, bonus, and equity
• 401k participation
• Unlimited office snacks
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers