compensation: Salary based on experience, benefits eligible on first day at work (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k & match, paid-time off and more). employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Spider by BrandSafway is looking for a Lead Swing Stage Scaffolding Rigger for our location in Charlotte, NC.
The leader in powered suspended access solutions, Spider® by BrandSafway manufactures and distributes innovative suspended access solutions, including traction, drum and material hoists, work cages and baskets, modular swing stage work platforms, rigging equipment, netting solutions and fall protection equipment for heavy commercial construction and industrial operation, maintenance and repair projects. From oil and gas power plants, to infrastructure and elevators, to offshore utilities and wind energy markets. We offer scaffolding rental or sale options from locations in the Americas, Spider’s full line of suspended scaffolding solutions puts contractors to work at height safely and reliably.
Spider is committed to achieving a drug-free workplace. Applicants must pass a pre-employment background check and drug screen.
Our employees enjoy competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package to learn about us please visit our webpage at https://www.spiderstaging.com.
The Lead rigger primary responsibility is to oversee the day-to-day operations of the rigging team ensuring Spider safe rigging practices are performed at the job sites.
• Schedules activities and leads rigging team in the safe and productive assembly or disassembly of rigging equipment at job-site locations.
• Always maintains a safe work environment and ensure safe practice work habits and quality standards are met.
• Responsible for the efficient management of rigging labor and materials at the branch.
• Plans, organize, researches and identifies materials & equipment necessary for the job-site.
• Performs diligent safety inspections of all Spider rigging and de-rigging installations in accordance with Spider and SIA safety guidelines.
• Make and receive rigging troubleshooting calls to demonstrate equipment and provide customers with safety solutions of proper use of Spider equipment, rigging procedures, operating methods, safety checks, and emergency recovery procedures.
• Follows company policies and procedures to ensure that all work related rigging records/documentation are accurate, updated in a timely manner, and conform to company standards.
• Provide on the job training to rigger workers with less experience/training. Inspect all work of less senior workers for correctness and safety. Follows procedure to ensure that all work and related records conform to company manuals and instructions.
• Assist in the demonstrations of Spider products to customers including the correct use of safety equipment, correct safe rigging procedures, correct operating methods, required safety checks and emergency recovery procedures.
• Ensures rigging team maintain an orderly, safe, and efficient work place with accurate and up to date records.
• Supervise all the responsibilities of the rigging team.
• Perform other related tasks as assigned.
• High School diploma or GED
• Competent Person Training (CPT) Experience
• Minimum 4 years prior industry experience working with suspended scaffolding equipment.
• Related vocational training and/or four years of related experience.
• Experience with all aspects of rigging.
• Have an in-depth knowledge of construction techniques.
• Previous supervisory experience. Skills
• Ability to work in construction areas in high elevation (up to 100 stories above ground).
• Must be able to lift up to 75 lbs. and carry counter weights for extended period of time (up to 15 minutes) several times during one shift.
• Strong leadership and technical skills.
• Work well under short time constraints.
• Ability to pivot easily from one task or idea to another.
• Good verbal and written communication skills required (including reading and writing).