QR Code Link to This Post
Custom Fabrication Estimator
Distribution company in Gastonia, NC is looking for a Custom Fabrication Estimator. Hours ? Monday-Friday, 7:30am-4:00pm. Pay = $45-55k. Temp to Hire. Open to candidates with a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or similar field.
- Provides pricing to customers not in contact with a sales person.
- Coordinates drawing creation with Drafter for parts if the customer does not supply one.
- Performs other customer service functions as required (which may include constructing customer proto-types).
- Interact with customer/engineer to determine specifications for product
- Maintains material pricing and labor rates in estimating software.
- Reviews actual job costs versus estimated job costs with Sales Support Manager
- Maintains quotes and cost estimates for each product.
- Create formulas on Microsoft Excel to assist in complex estimating calculations.
- Make recommendations to Outside Sales/Customers based on application requirements.
- Coordinate with production to ensure fabrication ability of new products.
- Create and maintain cutting markers using CNC software, according to shop and customer revisions.
- Use knowledge of production processes and material characteristics to determine best cutting patterns.
- Create and maintain workflow routers to ensure parts are fabricated to customer expectations.
- Engineer and measure Field Equipment.
- Travel to sites to survey actual items to be insulated, accurately record measurements of items, create and keep records of Field Reports for site visits.
- Develop concept, create designs.
- Open to entry level candidates with a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related field of study
- Experience with AutoCAD
- 1+ years of experience with estimating for manufacturing
- Experience in field measure up, estimating, and drawing takeoffs
- Associates Degree or higher education preferred
- Attention to detail
- Cad experience ? preferably in a custom environment
- Ability to read blueprints/drawings
- Advanced MS Office skills including Word and Excel are required. Proficient in PowerPoint.
- Basic knowledge of CRM such as Salesforce, experience with ERP/MRP systems such as Global Shop, experience with Solid Works
- Exhibit working knowledge of materials and shop floor work center processes.
- Maintain working knowledge of industry-standard materials and processes.
Beacon Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Find Us on Facebook!
Follow Us on Twitter!
Founded by industry leaders to set a new standard in search, career placement and flexible staffing, we deliver coordinated staffing solutions with unparalleled service, a commitment to project completion and success and a passion for innovation, creativity and continuous improvement.
Our niche brands provide direct hire, executive search, temporary staffing, contract consulting and temp/contract-to-hire solutions to emerging growth companies and the Fortune 500 across market sectors, career specialties/disciplines and industries. Over time, office locations, specialty practice areas and service offerings will be added to address ever changing constituent needs.
Learn more about Beacon Hill Staffing Group and our specialty divisions, Beacon Hill Associates, Beacon Hill Financial, Beacon Hill HR, Beacon Hill Legal, Beacon Hill Pharma and Beacon Hill Technologies by visiting www.beaconhillstaffing.com.
We look forward to working with you.
Beacon Hill. Employing the Future (TM)